Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit that originates from Southeast Asia, extremely hard to find in South Africa (this explains the high prices). It’s got a leathery skin and sweet, creamy kiwi-like pink flesh. Aside from its pretty pink flesh, dragon fruit has a lot of health benefits. The fruit is high in fibre, vitamin C and vitamin B. I tried mine sliced first. It’s extremely sweet and creamy. Absolutely delicious!
Then I tried it in a milkshake. A creation of my own.
Recipe : Dragon fruit mint Shake. (2 servings)
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream or 3 to 4 tablespoons of vanilla low fat yogurt
- 1/2 sliced dragon fruit
- A few mint leaves
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of coconut milk or low fat milk
- Some honey or sugar if need be. (I didn’t use any extra sweeteners)
Blend together until smooth and enjoy! This recipe can be adjusted according to preference.
Give it a try and let me know what you think. Til next time.🙂🙂🙂
So, I think it’s safe to say I have officially become a binge blogger. In the next couple of days you all would understand why.
- About 2 weeks ago , I visited Krispy Kreme , they’re based at the The Zone, in Rosebank. P.S – at 20 something it’s okay to want to eat doughnuts. I got to see the famous Krispy Kreme glaze Curtain and of course The doughnuts were yummy. Definitely makes you feel like a kid again! I will see you soon Krispy Kreme SA (on my cheat days of course!😏). My fav was the Oreo Cookies and Kreme. 🍩Check out their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/krispykremesouthafrica/
- If you’re trying to be healthy and you’re looking for something on the lighter side! Try Kauai’s Mexi Bowl. It’s got free range chicken, jalapeños, raw corn, sriracha, quinoa, tortilla chips, tomato salsa and avo. It’s yum and very filling. You could get the same thing in a wrap. Get the coco Mango to go with it and you’re sorted.
- And then, in Northmead – Benoni. On Sixth is the name of the restaurant. The food is quite good. They have light and heavy meals to choose from. So this would be a good place to eat at during the day and in the evenings. And they also have a cute setup.
That’s all for now. Remember I am human so feel free to follow me Twitter and Instagram. Also check out my Facebook Page. You can find all the links in my contact page. Blessed weekend to all. I’ll be back soon. 🤗