I trust all of you reading this are fabulous! I know I’ve been scarce but I’m still around right.
This OOTD was a special one. Its the outfit I wore to Real Promotions Annual National Conference, where I was actually presented with an award for Rising Star! It was most definitely a blast.
So you guys know I have this obsession with River Island! This gorgeous simple yet elegant Off the shoulder dress was super comfortable yet stylish! And It was Black – so thats a bonus. I adore this dress!
I accesorised with a Rose Gold Choker and stud Earrings all from River Island As well. And the stunning brushed Rose Gold Block Heels are from YDE. They were super comfy!
I also used a Coral Clutch which was a gift from my best friend which is from ALDO – I used this just for a touch of colour.
Hope you all loved this one! See you soon!
xxxxxxx Binita! Continue reading “#OOTD – November 12th”
Today marks one year since I have started my blog, I was able to explore many new avenues and I was able to express my self through this very blog ! Thank you all! I appreciate all the feedback and love I’ve received ! God bless you all! Stay tuned, I’ve got a whole lot more in store! 😘😘😘
Give me a follow!!!
Love and light to all!! 🍾😘❤️⚜
This past Sunday – I made the bold and ballsy decision to chop my hair off.
With it being heavy and very time consuming to maintain I decided to cut
most of it. It’s much lighter, and way easier to take care of. I’ve had
reservations of making it this short but ‘go big or go home right ?’.. As
you know Blonde is not my natural colour and its safe to say that my hair
was not in the greatest of conditions. So It was a much needed hair cut at
the least. Even if I don’t adapt to my new hair cut , atleast my hair grows
I know most of you are reading this post with the idea ‘Ugh, she cut her
hair, whats the big deal …’ To be brutally honest My hair has been my
shield for the past few years, It hid the pain and sadness and all the bad
stuff people had said. It hid my flaws. It hid all that which I didn’t
want people to see.
Although these were ultimately the things that made me who I am today. I
wanted to keep it to myself. I wanted it to be private. And now, I couldn’t
care less what it is that people see in me. I don’t care if they see me for
the imperfect 20 year old I am. It’s okay. There comes a time in Everyone’s
life when you realise that it’s okay to be YOU. It’s okay to have flaws.
It’s all okay.
I have accepted myself for who I really am, And as soon as you start doing
that, everyone around will do the same (don’t get me wrong , you probably
don’t need anyone’s approval). – It’s just nice to be accepted some times.
It was high time that I made some changes in my life. And I’d say I’m off
to a good start.
If you’re somewhat like me and making big plans, good luck , be you and do
it with a smile.
Have a blessed week everyone.
Continue reading ““A woman who cuts her hair, is about to change her life.” – Coco Chanel”
The sun is out , Birds are chirping but I am stuck working. Sounds like a great Sunday huh. Only thing about IT, you never know when you’re gonna be overly busy.
This Playlist will consist of old and new tracks that make my heart absolutely happy. Working on Weekends isn’t amazing but it’s kinda become my life. But then who can say they got rich from being well rested, right. Back to the Music – My music taste varies from Old School Gangsta Rap, Soul, Deep House, R&B and Blues. Artist like Frank Sanatra (my dad’s influence), Luther Vandross, Kenny G, Biggy, Tupac , Whitney Houston, Aaliyah, Brenda Fassie, Mariam Makeba and the list just goes on… So Here goes…
- Ain’t Nobody (Loves me Better) – Felix Jaehn feat. Jasmine Thompson — This song gives me hope that someone out there is going to love me better than I already love myself. It makes me wanna get up and dance. I’d call it a feel good song.
- Dear Mama – Tupac – Because mom’s are amazing , and what better way to say it than through this track. And i always like to get thuggin’ with it.. I know all the words and definitely been listening to this one for years.
- On & On – Erykah Badu – My number one R&B/Soul Artist – Her sultry voice gets me everytime. This would be my typical sunday groove song.
- The Soul Cafe – Kaylow – The lyrics to this song are perfect – He’s amazing – ‘Welcome everybody, get comfy in your bodyyy… ‘ – Such a great lyricist. I am definitely a lover of Kaylow’s Music.
- With Her hand – Ralf Gum (feat Hugh Masekela ) – Off the ‘In My City’ Album, features an age old South African Music Icon – I love this one.
- Endless Love – Duet with Mariah Carey, Luther Vandross – I’m taking it back with this one. Beautiful love song. Who knows maybe I’ll have them sing it at my wedding.
- Vul’indela – Brenda Fassie – One of my favourite South African pop Artist of all time. This song was released in 1997 – which makes it almost as old as me. If I’m not mistaken – This song is notorius for being played at weddings. Love it.
- Close these Curtains (Stimming Remix ) – Yoko Duo – I can never get tired of hearing this one – Absolutely adore Stimming – heard many stimming remixes and I can never say I didn’t like any of them
- I follow Rivers ( The Magician Remix ) – Lykke Li – Heard it in Durban last year at a club with my cousins, get’s me thinking about them. Its definitely a fun song.
- Overshadowed – Atjazz & Julian Gomes – Lovely deep tones and mesmerizing lyrics. Deep House is beautiful. Just beautiful .
Hope You all love these tracks as much as I do ….
Have a blessed Sunday All.
Love and Light to all. 🙂
Ok – so here goes. My first real post on my New Bog.
But first let me fill you in on who Binita is.
I am a 20 year old female, born April 30th in 95′. I am a born and bred South African living in Johannesburg.
My life may not be all that special to some of you. But it’s special to me.
I have a 9-5 Day job as an I.T Grad, ‘Specialist’ is what I’d like to call myself.
My interests vary from fashion, Photography, Charity events to eating and sleeping…
I have high hopes and unrealistic dreams like many others out there.
I’d like to be a millionaire by 25, who know’s maybe I will get there. Sooner or maybe later.
I’m not sure if it’s unlikely for a 20 year to be undecided about their career path. But I am.
I guess It’s just that I’d to make all my dreams come true. I feel like one shouldn’t be put in a box.
One day I really and truly want to be a photographer, one day its public relations, one day its I.T. I have my days.
Enough about me.
Let me fill you in on my most recent doings.
I am a lover of shoes. I have many pairs, and it’s very likely that I’d post my purchases.
So The Nike Roshe Run 1 – beautiful shoes.
Not only are they comfy and light, they look stunning. I bought an all white pair. This is my second pair of Roshe’s.
They definately look great on.
I recently discovered a online sneaker store. Based in Cape Town. Shelflife.
They offer free shipping and are quite reasonable with their prices.
Web Address : http://www.shelflife.co.za
Picture to follow.
Also I have been on my weight loss journey for quite some time, I have been trying all sorts of extreme diets.
I am only seeing some sort of progress now that I have started Banting.
Not sure if you all know this one – It’s called BANTING. Part of the ‘REAL MEAL REVOLUTION’ – it’s an intense diet.
The diet is high in fat but includes very few carbohydrates. Its made of lists – Green, Orange and Red.
These indicate what you can eat (green), what is ok but contains carbs (orange) and what you should definitely not eat (red).
It takes some time and all depends on the individual. I will definitely post pictures once I see significant results.
http://www.realmealrevolution.com – If you’re interested.
Also another thing regarding this that I would like to stress. Society shouldn’t pressure women into being skinny.
All that matters is that you are comfortable in your body. Every individual is beautiful.
Tips on Healthy Eating. Just some tips I have made use of.
- Eats lots of green leafy Vegetables, vegetables and fruit are great for energy especially on a low sugar diet.
- Drink lots of Water (+- 2 Litres per day) – This helps to flush out all toxins from your body.
- I drink up to 3 cups of Green Tea a Day. No sugar, No Honey, No sweeteners. Yes. Its bitter – But you’ll get use to it.
- The latest trend that actually works – Detox Water – You can flavour them with fruit of your choice. Ofcourse they all serve different purposes. I mainly use Mint, Lemon, Cucumbers and Blueberry’s (when in season) also strawberry’s work great.
- Cut down on Carbs , If possible – cut down on Carbs completely.
Anyway – Think I’m done for now.
Remember to follow me on Instagram and Twitter.
Love , Light and peace all around.